Aftercare Support Services
Aftercare is critically important to women re-entering the community after incarceration. It is focused on providing the link to a wraparound of services, one on one guidance, support and advocacy to assist the client in achieving their transitional goals and meeting their needs at all stages of transition back into the community and family.
How Aftercare Helps
- A direct link that supports and reinforces the pre-release program;
- Supportive relationships and referrals for needed services;
- One-on-one guidance and support needed to implement aftercare plans and guide the women through the all stages of re-entry;
- Connection to services and support that will address their family, housing, employment, education, mentoring support, and drug and alcohol treatment;
- Coordinates services for family members around issues of reunification, parenting, tutoring, and other life maintenance issues;
A woman's residential program where women in need can find a safe structured Christ centered family environment. The House of Ruth is structured to provide a daily routine and organized activities designed to minister to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the women. Read more about the House of Ruth.
New Beginnings Support Group
Call or email for more information on meeting times and dates
New Beginnings Support Group "The Twelve Steps A Spiritual Journey" is a Christ centered safe, nurturing and accepting environment in which to study and grow in God’s word while working through the 12 steps and learning the spiritual disciplines associated with the recovery. Members encourage and nurture one another, while sharing individual struggles and victories. We strive to build strong supportive relationships with family, church and community.
A key element of our Aftercare Support is the new people, new places, and new things. We look for ways to connect the women to positive relationships with other women who can offer them encouragement, acceptance, and accountability. These relationships often grow into long-term life-changing experiences for the women.
Women are valuable and called to many roles in life; wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, employee, and teacher of their children. Women walking with other women as positive role models can become a valuable relationship that teaches, guides, encourages, and nurtures.